- “I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle.”
- —The comment that caused the G'Gugvuntt/Vl'Hurg war.
The G'Gugvuntts were a race of beings who had war declared on them by the Vl'Hurgs, as a result of Arthur Dent's voice reaching them through a freak wormhole. Although he said the apparently innocuous "I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle," in the Vl'Hurg tongue this was the worst insult imaginable.
The two races fought for millions of years until they realised that the insult had originated on Earth, and combined forces to attack it. Unfortunately, due to a terrible miscalculation of scale, the entire fleet was eaten by a small dog.
- The novel The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (film)
- The television series
- The novel And Another Thing...