The Hooloovoo resemble a super-intelligent shade of the colour blue. One was seen in a prism for Zaphod Beeblebrox's address upon stealing the Heart of Gold. On certain special occasions, such as the aforementioned Presidential event, they refract into a free-standing prism.
Their home world is a collection of asteroids in one of the far flung arms of the galaxy. They are able to "read" material like books by occupying prisms, including a special edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
The Hooloovoo demonstrate their dissatisfaction with the Universe by holding their breath until they turn a deep purple.
- It is ambiguous whether the Hooloovoo are super-intelligent compared to other galactic inhabitants, or only by comparison to other shades of blue, which they resemble.
- One of their race is pointed out by The Doctor in the 2013 Doctor Who episode "The Rings of Akhaten".
- In Season 3 of King of the Nerds the blue team named themselves "House Hooloovoo".
- There is a software company Hooloovoo from Belgrade, Serbia, which uses this and many references from the book to attract software developers with a similar sense of humour.
- The name of a debut album by a Rhode Island band "Young Neil and the Vipers" released in 1990.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Radio Times Trailer 1980 - Rare!
- ↑ Guide Note found in And Another Thing...