Hotblack Desiato's bodyguard was the man responsible for Desiato's body while its inhabitant was spending a year dead for tax reasons. He had a brief confrontation with a drunken Ford Prefect who was trying to talk to Desiato, before the bodyguard told Ford to "beat it". He encouraged Desiato to leave Milliways before the Universe ended, so that they could avoid the rush. Desiato talked to him using telekinesis as he was unable to speak while "dead".
The bodyguard was seven feet tall and not slightly built. His face had the texture of an orange and the colour of an apple. He had large, meaty hands with one of which he was able to lift up Ford off the ground. Apparently, conversation was a serious challenge for him.
Hotblack Desiato's bodyguard appeared in:
- Chapter 16 of the Douglas Adams novel The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
- Episode 5 of the 1981 television series.
- The LP adaption of the radio show.
Behind the scenesEdit
Hotblack Desiato's bodyguard was portrayed by:
- David Prowse (best known as the physical performer of Darth Vader) in episode 5 of the TV series.
- David Tate in the LP adaption of the radio show.