Viltvodle VI was a planet that was home to the small, blue Jatravartid people. This planet was the only place where it was believed that the Universe was sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure. Cave paintings in the Travar region of this planet depicted the Great Green Arkleseizure. The Jatravartids live in perpetual fear of a time which they call The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief, which was also shown in these cave paintings.
The planet was murky and dark. Its surface was littered with piles of aerosol cans and bikes with squares wheels.
The Infinite Improbability Drive sent Zaphod Beeblebrox, Trillian Astra, Arthur Dent, Ford Prefect and Marvin to Viltvodle VI. Zaphod decided to land to settle a score with Gag Halfrunt, an inhabitant of the planet.
Viltvodle VI is mentioned in:
- Fit the fifth of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio series.
- The Douglas Adams book The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
- The fifth episode of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy television series.
- The 2005 film The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ These cave paintings were shown in the 1981 TV series' fifth episode.
- ↑ This is shown in the 2005 film The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In the book The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, it states that the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle VI were "the only race in history to have invented the aerosol deodorant before the wheel." However, when the Heart of Gold crew visits the planet, the presence of square wheeled bikes showed that they hadn't even invented the wheel at that point in time.