Description in the Hitchhiker's GuideEdit
Vogon poetry is, of course, the third worst in the universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their poet master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning," four of the audience members died of internal haemorrhaging and the president of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council survived only by gnawing one of his own legs off. Grunthos was reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception and was about to embark on a reading of his 12-book epic entitled "My Favourite Bathtime Gurgles" when his own large intestine - in a desperate attempt to save life itself - leapt straight up through his neck and throttled his brain. The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator, Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Sussex, in the destruction of the planet Earth. Vogon poetry is mild by comparison.
- Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
- Thy micturations are to me,(with big yawning)
- As plurdled gabbleblotchits,
- On a lurgid bee,
- That mordiously hath blurted out,
- Its earted jurtles, grumbling
- Into a rancid festering confectious organ squealer. [drowned out by moaning and screaming]
- Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles,
- Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts,
- And living glupules frart and stipulate,
- Like jowling meated liverslime,
- Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
- And hooptiously drangle me,
- With crinkly bindlewurdles,mashurbitries.
- Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
- See if I don't!
- (I probably won't!)
See Also If You Have ToEdit
Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings